Monday 25 April 2011

Cactus

I spent the last 10 days in New York City (stay tuned for that entry - it involves showtunes, nudity, religious fanatics, and pizza. Literally something for everyone.) with my cousin Todd and his lovely wife Marnie. They have two cacti (I'm smart) in the corner of their apartment. One evening after returning from binge drinking I was sipping my nightcap (spiced rum on the rocks) and I became quite philosophical - it went something like this:


"I think we have a lot to learn from the cactus. They don't waste anything, they make do with very little. They are perhaps defensive on the outside, but inside they are soft and mushy. And they are so skinny."




This particular cactus surrounds himself with friends who are a bit plain to make himself look more impressive by comparison. What else can the cactus teach us?

-BO

No comments:

Post a Comment